Sunday 7 May 2017

A fairly nice day on the car.  I managed to find out that this peg that a linkage sits on is a UNF 3/8 24 pitch thread from the AHEXP website.  I also happen to have a dir of that size so after cleaning up the spigot section I run the die along the thread and it cleaned up very well.






















I finished the welding underneath the car and got Vic's friend Vas to help me get it back onto the trolley.  My lovely wife offered to help initially and I stupidly agreed toggle it a go but it was too heavy and she is now walking with a crutch.  I am keeping my head down and doing exactly what is requested.

Once on the trolley I started cleaning up the inner body and have a fair amount of it ready for paint.




I got the windscreen out of cold storage and discovered that it is tired.  I knew the glass was cracked but The frame has it's issues too.  One side of the screen has the screen pillar attached and one side doesn't. That side has been wrapped off at some point which is a tad frustrating.




























The frame is clearly damaged where a mounting screw has been wrenched out.




























However, if you look carefully you can see that the screen frame on the other side is also cracked which makes me think that is a common fault.  Now all I need to do is find out how to repair them.





























I have three weeks until half term when I would like to paint the inner body work.  I have check that the tunnel fits, fit the windscreen successfully and get the body ready for paint.  Ouch, this is going to hurt.

However, this evening I saw a video I took 4.5 years ago and the car didn't look too dissimilar from how it looks today, I need to up the pace on this.

Here goes,....



No comments:

Post a Comment