Monday 8 February 2016

I was so looking forward to this moment (and truth be told I was keeping my fingers crossed behind my back). I knew that if the wheel aligned well in the car compared to the wings then all was good but if they didn't I was in for some deep thinking.







Well I was relieved and pleased that fundamentally the wheel lined up very well.  On the near side the shape of the inner wing repair is not quite the same as the equivalent on the off side but it won't be an show stopping issue.  The wheels however, did sit pretty central on both wings which is a great relief.

Progress though is 2 steps forward and 1 step back.  I am pretty comfortable that the rear shroud is sitting on the frame in the position it is going to stay in as I have taken it on and off several times since welding all the inner bodywork in the boot area.  This position is slightly different to where it was when I did all the cutting and shutting of the wings and the near side wing has returned with some gap issues.  I know what I need to do but having sandblasted the wing and painted it inside and out it seems like a real pain to start cutting and welding it again, oh well....





So, back in the garage and the axel and springs were removed and sent to storage.











































In moments the car is back to a shell and I am back to the familiar work.  I start by getting the back area ready for final welding by fixing the struts that the boot will mount on to and then turn my attention to the captive nuts I made earlier.  All in all it feel like a good week.







No comments:

Post a Comment