Sunday 14 February 2016

I am feeling quite lucky at the moment because I have a week off work and I have a lot of time available for the car.  I refitted the shroud and promptly took it off again to adjust the position of the panels that I recently welded in place with a mallet; lots of fun.  I then got the shroud and wings back on and was pleased that the captive nuts worked well.  I looked at the near side door gap and adjusted that with a mallet too with some success, not keen on anymore cutting and shutting.  I then got round to the battery cover panels and the rear barge board.






































I took another template off the original chassis and was once again very grateful to have it available for that and then got to cutting and bending.



I don't recall buying these panels so they may have come with the car but I am glad that they are not cut and shaped as they would probably be wrong.  Anyway I got them cut and installed along with some welding to the barge board.







































Every step at this stage is great because I can see clear development in the car.  I was given an original panel for the battery cover but decided it was a little too tired so used one that I had in store. I needed to cut a lot off it and create a return edge at the rear but all this went well.







































It was clear that the panel had been cut incorrectly as a gap appeared at the front on both sides.  I set about welding an extension piece to both sides and then made a suitable return.  All went well.









































I am working from the rear to the front and installing everything needed to finish the inner bodywork.  I have some brackets on the original chassis that I need to salvage and some plates to fit between the floor pan and the barge board and then I am on to the tunnel cover and then front inner wings.  Feeling like it is getting further forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment