Sunday 19 October 2014

I have a few days in the garage planned for the week after next due to it being half term holiday which is very cool.  Today I started on the off side door gap which is suspect.  I feel like I have been here lots of times before so I just welded on the panel that has lots of big holes in it and so looks like a piece of cheese.  It sits between the A post and the bulk housing and adds rigidity and strength to the A post, I'm not really sure why it wasn't fitted before.? I then started on the outer sill and realised that I needed to weld up the bottom edge of the inner sill as it will be covered by the outer sill.  This was all nice and easy fun.  Then I trial fitted the outer sill and realised that it didn't fit (of course!) so I then spent some time hitting it with Dad's old hammer which was most enjoyable.  Eventually it got there and I deiced that was enough for one day.

I came into the house and started thinking about the way forward as there are lots of options.  I could get the door edges welded to make them the correct shape for the aperture or I could get the wings sandblasted.  My worry with that is if I get them done when I have the opportunity to work on the car I will miss out as I won't be able to get much done without the parts.  On the other hand I have the use of my mother in laws 4x4 over the half term holiday next week and I do actually need to get them done.  So I decided to look for more local welders and sandblasters and got on to an advert for lumi-weld which I actually have from the kit car days and began thinking that perhaps I could do it my self.  This is clearly worrying so I am going to have a think about it before I decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment