Wednesday 29 October 2014

I did walk the dog then overcooked my scrambled eggs so the dog had a great start to the day, he's sleeping and snoring as I type.

I tacked the two wing sections together and felt happy instantly:

As you can see the door gap looks reasonable for the time being and it all lines up well.  I removed it again, welded it, ground down the welds and refitted it to the car:













































The line along the car is much, much better.  There is still a slight bulge but it isn't massive, I suspect I will still have to make some more cuts to remove it but we are talking very much better than before.  Once ground down the welded area hardly shows which will make paint prep easy enough when that time comes.

I took all four wings to Vernon to get them dipped and blasted which all be done by Saturday, excellent.  I'm away now until the weekend so I suspect that my opportunities for the Healey will be somewhat restricted moving forward but I'm feeling positive from recent progress so I hope I get in on it as often as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment