Tuesday 9 April 2013

Hello,

A smaller stint in the garage today.


I started by packaging my MIG welder for shipping as I have sold it.  This means that I need to buy a new one very soon.  Much searching of the web I can tell you.

I then set about the current challenge.  In the absence of any photos I have decided that the return on the sill is too large.  On this basis I think I should snip a little bit off the bottom of it which would allow the wing to sit higher and have space for the bottom edge of the wing to be drilled to enable it to be bolted to the sill.  It would also mean that the inner wing would sit higher where it butts up to the sill.  I tried this position and it seems to fit better, all good. 

I then trial fitted the outer sill as shown below.  It needs the return on the top bent back to allow it to sit further forward.  However even in this position it showed that the door is a good position at the front.


At the rear it seems that the door is too far out and will require some adjustment.



I then decided to clean out the threads on the master cylinder mounting plate as once I have the inner wing on I will not have too much space to do anything like that. 





No comments:

Post a Comment