Sunday 9 December 2012

Having had a bit of a cold I have been hiding in front of the fire for the last two weeks.  I did get back into the garage today though and continued work on replacing the brake and gear cables on my wife's road bike.  The Healey has been ignored.  However I have made a big step forward today as my wife and I took a trip north to meet a man who had some wings for sale.  He was very amusing from the start, feigning surprise at the notion that one could go Healey parts shopping with his wife.  He was also very knowledgeable having owned, restored and worked in the Healey world.  Most importantly he had a set of useable wings which he sold me, excellent.  We had a great conversation about a wide variety of things to consider whilst rebuilding a 100 and I learnt a lot in a few minutes.  We’ll be borrowing my Mother in law’s Rav4 again to collect them over the Christmas holiday which should be good. 
It feels like I needed a good turn on the motoring front as I have had an awkward couple of days.  Firstly I got a speeding ticket from Ireland following a recent visit to Limerick to see Simon.  Then I got a £65 penalty charge notice from Islington, the second in a month, for parking the scooter on a pavement.  The last one was for riding in a bus lane.  Naturally my wife was confused as to why I had been parked on Holloway Road on the way to work so I had to explain that I had a secret.  I’ve gotten into the habit of buying a little egg and bacon baguette on the way to work.  This she found amusing but not the fact that I have picked up £200 worth of fines in the last four weeks.  Oh well, I guess that kicks the breakfast into touch for a while, perhaps my tummy will be better off for it?
I am hoping that I can get the Healey some way forward over Christmas as I should be able to get a few days in the garage an d when the wings are here they will allow me to start getting the show seriously on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment