Thursday 27 December 2012

Got a day in the garage at last.  Spent the whole day listening to Talksport, cleaning up, finishing the push bike, grinding and burning things with the Oxy-Acetylene; it was excellent.  The push bike is complete with new cables and freshly adjusted gears and brakes; I'll not get too cocky about that until my wife has test driven it.  The garage is clear enough for me to be able to work on the Healey and I have made a start on the section of the chassis that supports the radiator, bonnet hinges and front shroud and is to be welded on to the foremost section of the chassis.  I took measurements of how far the top of this section is from the front bulkhead but wish I taken measurements on how high it is from the chassis cross member before I cut it off, oh well.  I am quite looking forward to fitting this section as I will then be able to get the front shroud on and then the wings should follow fairly easily (fingers crossed) which means it will start to look like a car.  I should get some time in the garage again this weekend so will have a go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment