Tuesday 13 November 2012

A quiet week on the Healey front.  Managed to look at the cost of hinges and found that they are about £50-£60 plus for second hand items so decided I needed to resurrect the items I had.  I looked on Ahead 4 Healeys web site and couldn't see a separate bush/pin set to decided against stripping it into its various components.  So back in the garage and despite having been soaked in lubricant for a week the hinge was locked solid.  I didn't want to go down the big hammer road because I thought it might be a tad brittle so I resorted to the Oxy-Acetylene heat it and hope method.  It worked.  Now both hinges are free and awaiting a door and an A-post to mount to.



I am getting the parts back from Norfolk this weekend which will give me plenty to do.  Although it does mean missing ths classic car show but one can't have everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment