Thursday 28 May 2020

Having ordered the bits I need to complete the seats I am coming to an end on the amount I can do to them.  I welded the repair strip onto the base and painted them.









































My welding was a little rusty and the painting was done without protective gloves on and now my hands are covered in POR15.  This stuff is really difficult to get off once it has dried and I should have known better.

I opened the last of my POR15 black cans so realised that I need some more but when I search for it the cost is £60 for 6 very small cans.  Not only that but they often go hard once opened, I have thrown 2 of the cans away half used because the paint in them had set.  Add this to the fact that I don't think I have anything else to renovate apart from the hood frame which should be a grey colour and I am thinking of switching to good old fashioned Hammerite paint.  My trouble is that I am short of funds again.  I have just enough to get the wheels stove enamelled and the tyres fitted and that's it.  I also need to buy the screen glass, wiper arms and blades, tonneau etc, etc, before I can use the car.  Nothing is selling on eBay either.  Damn, money.

Whilst typing I realise that I can repair the other seat base and then fit the covers to those, now that is food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment