Saturday 2 March 2019

Whilst running down the list of tasks I have to do before I attempt to drive the car I started the day by ordering some oil for the differential and rear axel.  I then ventured into the garage and tried to put the track rod ends into the track bar that I had shortened last week and of course the threads were stiff as anything and the ends too long to go all the way in.  I spent a lot of time running them backwards and forwards to ease the threads and then cuts the track rod ends 5mm shorter.  This process damaged the paint on the bar so I had to repaint it.

Then I turned my attention to the handbrake which is one of the few original comments that I haven't yet worked on and it needed some work.  Really I need to have it re-chromed but I haven't the money for that so I rubbed it down and painted it silver apart from the section of the handle that one holds when using it.  It was quite enjoyable.






















































Having done the handbrake I was idly sitting around thinking of things to do whilst paint was drying and noticed that one of the core plugs had a blister on the paint.  When I touched it the paint burst and water came out which must mean the core plug is not sealed properly.





I am kind of glad that it is this specific plug that has gone because I can easily access it.  Some of the others would cause a real problem.  Naturally I am going to forget all about it for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment