Friday 29 March 2019


The day after the initial drive I decided to torque the head down and see if that had any impact on the water weeping situation.  I couldn't do that without removing the rocker shaft as I couldn't access the head bolts with it in place.  I then adjusted the rockers and started the engine.  It was much quieter although I suspect that one of the rockers isn't perfectly adjusted.  The head bolt still weeped water though at quite an alarming rate.

































I contacted John who thought it might possibly be water coming up the stud thread rather than from the head gasket and suggested removing the offending stud and applying a sealant to it.  Having thought on it for a week I have decided to remove the head, remove all the studs and apply sealer to the lot.  This is my easter task.



1 comment:

  1. Hi - Interested in your coolant leak via the stud. I think you are right to remove the head. Looking at my photos of my block and head gasket, I cant see how the stud thread has any bearing. It must be a head gasket leak from one of the adjacent waterways tracking to the stud. Good luck with it. Tim

    ReplyDelete