Monday 18 February 2019

Quiet weekend this time as the Triumph needed a new chain and that is something I haven't done before so it took a while.

I am making some progress with the little things though.  On the AHEXP website Graham Foster heard about my plight with the incorrect thread size on the radiator meaning I couldn't fit the temp sensor and sent me a separate unit to fit in line on the top hose.  Very decent of him.  I have found out the thread size and ordered a fixing on eBay to mount on to it and the sensor.  Just need to get a tap for 5/8 BSP now.




















I ordered a new set of cables for the car as neither the speedo or the rev counter worked properly and they were not expense along with a couple of hose clamps for the aforementioned sensor mount and a cold air valve for the bulkhead.  I had been wanting to get this for ages so it is good to have it.  I was a little flummoxed when it arrived though as the lever that opens and closed then valve was on the wrong side.  I was even more disturbed when I called A Head 4 Healey's to outline the problem only to be told that they knew it was an issue but the manufacturer refused to change it.  In other words they knowingly sold me an expensive part that had been made incorrectly.  I had to strip it down drill fresh holes, rub it down and paint it before putting it all back together and pop riveting it correctly.  Anyway, it is done now.

As supplied:



























As modified and fitted:




No comments:

Post a Comment