Tuesday 29 January 2019

During the week I contacted Brucom, the manufacturer of the power cables and they offered to replace both my cables just to make sure.  They posted a new set which arrived a couple of days later, top quality service.

I've noticed a change in the garage recently.  Now that I am no longer welding, grinding and painting the garage is a little easier to be in and as a result I am starting to notice more long term guests.


























Having cleaned up the area under the tank where I stuck a rubber insulation strip, fitted the grommets into the bulkhead and run the wires through into the boot I was able to fit the tank for the final time, I hope.






The new and old cables.

























I replaced both the positive and negative cables and generally tided up in the area where the battery is stored and then fitted the battery.


























I felt a little tense at this stage as I was about to turn the power on and I dreaded a load of issues with the wiring.  I had the battery isolator switch turned to off and plugged the fuses in before turning the switch on.  I waited for a while without seeing any smoke or hearing any frying noises before I ventured to trying the electrics out.  The first thing I did was to turn on the lights and I was delighted to see the dashboard gauges light up.  I then turned on the ignition and jumped when I heard a really loud noise only to calm down once I had realised that it was the petrol pump.

So now all I need to do is plug the radiator sensor in and connect the oil pressure gauge pipe to the gauge before filling it with petrol, water and oil.  Then I can have a go at starting it for the first time and that feels very exciting.

























So before I head out of the garage at the end of Saturday I thought I'd fit the temp sensor when this happened.



























I have a little to think about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment