Saturday 29 October 2016

I have manage a few days with the Healey this week which has been very enjoyable.  I cleaned up and finished off some of the welding that is required in the areas covered by the inner wings.























































































I then decided to look at the driver side wing as it was looking a little out in the length with the new shroud position.  This means that the process I went through a long time ago to remove a piece of metal was in need of reversal, frustratingly.  I could see the required length by looking at the front and by measuring the gaps between the wheels and the wheel arches of both front wings.  The replacement went quiet smoothly and now the car bodywork is looking very much closer to being ready for the next stage.  One of the other developments created by the movement of the shroud is that whilst the driver side needed extending the passenger side needs the reverse; the dreaded door gaps are not ideal.  This will require visiting before I move much further on and I need a little strength for it so I will leave it a few days.

I have decided to get the shrouds welded professionally rather than buying the equipment and doing it myself.  In an ideal world I would like a mobile welder to visit me and do the shrouds in situ.  I have contacted several suitable looking companies and await there views on the project.  I am off to the classic car show in Birmingham in a few weeks and this is one of the topics I will investigate whilst there.

Now that the half term holiday is coming to an end it is back to work for me.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment