Tuesday 8 March 2016

On Sunday I got round to fitting the final wing on and taking the car out of the garage.










































It was quickly clear to me that the wheels didn't sit evenly, very disappointing.






The first picture above shows the wheel in further than the picture below it.  I am conscious that the wings look a little thrown on, which they are but the alignment is definitely not correct.










































The sides looked fairly even so I was happy with them.

I cant quite work out where all the issues stem from but I am clear in my mind that the shroud is not positioned correctly.  I called up a friend who is a panel beater on modern cars and asked for his opinion.  He called round tonight and suggested I take measurements to check that the chassis is aligned and that the wheels on each side are square.  Once done then it is on to checking the bulkhead.

I am beginning to fear that I need to move the bulkhead and therefore upset the position of the doors and wings.  It feels very frustrating at the moment.  I am away at the weekend so it will be a few days before I get back into the garage and at the moment that feels like a wise idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment