Saturday 5 March 2016

Having received a delivery of bushes from Ahead 4 Healeys I set about fitting the wishbones.  Naturally I realise straight away that I had been a pillock of the highest order.  The mounting posts for the wishbones are on the chassis that had been zinc plated by the previous owner and so, of course, the wishbone pins didn't fit properly.  To access them to remedy this I needed to take off the inner wings that I have only just fitted; 2 steps forward and 1.5 steps back.

Anyway, I thought that this would be a fairly relaxed job and it was although it took a while.  I started at about 9:00 and by 12:30 I had only fitted one side.  I had to stop at this stage because Spurs were playing Arsenal at 12:45 and I couldn't miss that for the world ( 2-2 in case you were wondering).












I returned in the afternoon and fitted the other wishbone and then got as far as one wing and a wheel.  I need to get in the garage tomorrow to do the same to the other side and see where we lie with regards to alignment, exciting times.















No comments:

Post a Comment