Saturday 28 November 2015

Saturday = garage time again, result.  I spent the morning changing the rear brake pads on the daily run around.  I bought the pads in June and went to fit them only to discover that I needed a brake piston rewind tool.  We travelled to the south of France and back after that but only got round to getting a rewind tool this week.  I'm not sure why it took me so long as it was only £8 on eBay, £8, that is amazing.  Anyway, it always feels good when I do something on the car as so much of the thing is controlled by electronics.  Job done then the rain came in so I got dry and took a look at the 100.

I started by fitting the freshly painted rear wings and then worked on the boot floor.









































It required quite a lot of cutting and shutting and eventually sat in place.  I was happy that the floor sat centrally in the cavity it occupied but the next photo highlights that it isn't exactly square.  The worrying thing is that the door gaps on the left are bigger than the door gaps on the right so it makes me worry about total body alignment again.  I'll hopefully get the car out tomorrow and fit the front wing before having a good look at the whole car, gaps and all.  I might get the petrol tank and boot lid back from my in-laws to see how they fit before I go too.  Anyway, feels like progress again.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment