Saturday 21 November 2015

Last weekend I turned the car round having finished the near side and removed the wings so I was ready to get going on the finishing touches of the off side today.  I knew that the car was largely finished on this side apart from the inner sit which needed modifying to allow the aluminium trim to fit.  I was pleased with the door gap and lines of the bodywork so set about the sill.  As with the other side I was able to cut the welds and lower the top of the sill and create enough space for the trim panel.  below you can see where the sill had been lowered, a good 1cm plus.  Alls well though so I headed in for some lunch.








































Back from lunch I decided to start welding the door area up.  The job I wanted to do was sand blast the wings but it was way too windy outside so I welded instead.  It was fun.









I didn't realise this was so out of focus but wanted to show the edge of the door shut panel and the inner wing which I tried and welded up, very satisfying.

I then ground down the mess I had made and painted it with primer to seal it from the elements.  You can see that the front edge is now welded and cleaned up too.





No comments:

Post a Comment