Sunday 2 February 2014

I went in to the garage last week to start on the B post only to discover that the two B post panels I have are for a much later Healey.  Poo.  I nervously logged on to Ahead 4 Healeys to discover that the panels were only £18 each, phew.




Above is the panel I have and it is clear from the angle it makes at the bottom that it is not for the 100 BN1.


This is the new panel from A4H.  It was reasonably funny as I asked what the cover plate they had was for as I couldn't work it out, they told me that it was for concourse cars only and that I didn't need it.  Do you think they are reading this blog and know that?


Naturally it doesn't fit.

So I remove the supporting bracket and get shaping.  I loved doing this.


The panel now re-attached to the supporting bracket.



And located where it will hopefully end up.


So I then started to look at the door locks to see if they will align correctly and realised that the lock for this side is in my Mother-in-Law's garden shed so it was off for a cup of tea.


I retrieved the door and having got it back to the garage stripped out the lock.  I discovered that it was broken, as can be seen above.  It is odd in that the lock is forced together once it is located in the metal bracket that holds it to the door so I am not sure if I need to get this repaired.  Off for some second opinions.......

No comments:

Post a Comment