Sunday 19 January 2014

Next on my list of things to do was look at the door alignment as the bottom was not right.  I took the door off and reshaped the holes that the hinge mount to and took a slight amount off the edge of the hinge to allow much greater movement.  I refitted the door and wing and the fit was much better.


I am happy with the fit at the front but the rear of the door protruded slightly so I tried to give the door a little bit of a twist to see if there is any movement only to find that the A post and surrounding area flexed massively.  I realised that I needed to completely weld the area; so far I have only tack welded the inner body in case I needed to undo it.  After a few moments I got the mig out and welded the whole area.  I feel a little reckless now.  So now I need to refit the wing and door then turn my attention to the rear wing and B post which will be exciting.





No comments:

Post a Comment