Tuesday 8 January 2013

So, having cleaned up the hinges I painted them with POR15 for supposed long life protection.  I took a long look at paint before I bought this a year or so again and decided to go for it and Metal Ready for all non weldable metal surfaces.  I'm not sure how good at sticking to metal it is but it certainly sticks to skin; I have spent the last two days teaching with grey hands, nice.  Today I freed the hinges up again and then set about getting the rear wings on. 




The rear shroud doesn't fit that well at the moment so I took it off to see if the wings sit on it well and they are ok but not great.  I then fitted them to the inner wings and discovered that they fit well.  I need to drill some holes in the rear shroud for mounting the wing because the return on the shroud has been replaced.  The wing and the inner wing line up well so once I have the shroud fitting well I will drill that out from the inner wing.  I think that the welding needs to be cleaned up on the inside of the shroud to make it fit better and that will be my first line of attack.  I am getting very excited about the prospect of lining up the wings and the doors, if that goes well then I am a long way down the road, to exciting to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment