Tuesday 15 January 2013

It is very cold today so I'm keeping the heaters on and the doors shut.  I start to fit the hinge panel or A-post as I think it may be called.  It is slow work as, naturally, it doesn't fit properly; but having done a day at work and cycled to get there I suspect I know the real reason why I'm slow! 

You can see some surface rust on the panel with big holes in it.  This rather annoys me as they were delivered new and shiny so I should have painted them then, sometimes I'm a donut. Anyway, I get the sander out and attack the panel whilst it is on the bench.  The bench is rather cluttered despite the fact that I cleaned it before I started work and I knock a can of zinc primer off it.   When the can lands on the floor it hits something sharp and punctures causing a stream of grey paint to sprout with some energy from the can.  It is sods law that the can is a new one and therefore full (and expensive!) of paint.  By the time I grab it and throw it into the bin it has emptied its contents over a large area of the garage, and me.  So the bright red battery charger that I got for Christmas is now red and grey for example.  Not for the first  time today, donut springs to mind.



So I eventually get the two panels painted and decide to head for safety of my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment