Saturday 23 June 2018


I managed to get the engine on its side so that I could remove the sump and have a look.  I can clearly see that there is no pump installed, no anything in fact.  I'm surprised by how simple it is, it is just a cavernous space.  On the good side it looks like the con rods are new as well as the pistons.  I can only think that this means whoever paid for the rebuild took all required steps and paid a considerable amount of money.  On the not so good side the oil pump doesn't have the drive shaft, I hope John has one.

















































 I noticed this hole on the rear end of the crank and wonder if anything should be attached to it?










































Other than that I have been away for a few weekends and unable to do much so apart from some striping and painting of small items it is on a go slow.





No comments:

Post a Comment