Sunday 14 January 2018

I have been collecting wheels for some time now with a degree of success.  I set up a search on eBay for 48 spoke wire wheels and every now and then it pops up with something suitable.  I bought 4 initially for £60 but they are probably a bit too far gone to use which is a shame, I think I'll sell those on again.  I have bought 3 separate wheels since then and they are all very good, one is brand new and all were pretty cheap.  I decided some time ago that I will use the Michelin XAS 180 tyre which Longstone tyres recommend as they are a similar diameter to the original and I want as much ground clearance as possible.  The main issue is that they are about £250 each which is going to cripple me.  It occurred to me over the Christmas holiday that I should put a search on eBay for these as well as the wheels.  Last week I came up trumps, a brand new tyre for £35 delivered.  It came yesterday and it is perfect.  One down, four to go.





















































In the garage today I started to to fit the bushes for the king pin.  It was really difficult, in fact it took all day.  Next weekend I will ream the bushes and paint the parts.  Then I think it must be time to get the engine out and paint that.  At this rate I will end up installing the drive train in the coming months which will be exciting.






























No comments:

Post a Comment