Sunday 12 November 2017

I started to rebuild the gearbox and had to spend a fair bit if time cleaning it.  I was conscious that I have spent a lot of time cleaning this already but it is still pretty grubby.

It was lovely work but I am very nervous about it.








The gearbox is remarkably healthy looking for a 64 year old beast.  That is very pleasing.







I had bought a plate for the gearbox that enables the blanked off 1st gear to work but it seems exactly the same as the original which means I bought the wrong one or that it had already been done as an upgrade, who knows.  This will have to wait until the car is driven.








I enjoyed fitting the double seal and the felt seal as it seemed like a positive step.






However I couldn't get the selector on and decided at that point to take a break.






I tried the new solenoid and it seemed like the plunger was too long, umm,......









No comments:

Post a Comment