Saturday 25 November 2017


A lovely and bright but very cold London day today so I put the heaters on in the garage before a small sausage sandwich  breakfast; a man needs energy for a days work!

I managed to get the the gear selector on after a bit of fiddling.  I also fitted the parts that I had painted black before I turned my attention to the side cover and all the bolts that that secure it.































The cotter pin for the gear lever adapter was pretty damaged which is a shame as I could have ordered one of those a while back had I known, oh well.









































I laid out the gaskets for the side covered and realise that they will be fiddly to fit so I decided to leave them for now because I want to be able to fit them all in one go and I won't be able to do that without a new cotter pin.

I then turned my attention to the overdrive and began to sort out the studs that had been extracted by mistake and the general gunk that sat in the bottom of it.





2 comments:

  1. Really enjoying your blog. I'm also in the midst of a very slow BN1 rebuild and about 6 months behind you, so finding your observations very helpful. Keep up the good work.
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Tim.

      Glad my meanderings are helpful, if you are every in London perhaps you should pop by.

      Delete