Tuesday 29 August 2017

Back in the swing of things



Opened up the garage and found the car tucked up in the corner.


Got down to making the battery support brackets with some steel from B&Q of all places.  It is amazingly similar dimensions to the original.  I spent a lot of time hunting for the other two brackets and became very aware that from here on in I am going to have to look for stuff which is difficult to find as it had been stored years ago.  Much patience needed I think.  Anyway,  some time for them in an acid dip to de-rust them and now they are ready for installation.




I decided I would prime the inside of the battery mounts so that they have some rust protection and decided to unpack the wire wheels recently acquired.  Frustratingly, of the 5 I have 2 are a little too tired to use.  You can see they have spokes that have pulled through the rims and left large holes in the process.  Two of the others are a little jaded but should recover with a few new spokes and some TLC.































The wheel below is one of the better ones but clearly has bent spokes.




That was a disappointing way to end the day, oh well, back to eBay I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment