Saturday 22 August 2015








































So I have just returned from France having spent a month there on the usual summer house exchange.  It was lovely.  In the house opposite where we were staying was this chap called Fay who was clearly a car nut.   I got talking to him and showed him pictures of the Healey.  He invited me to a classic car show in a village called Poussan a couple of weeks ago.  I had the most fabulous time and saw many many fabulous cars.  There were plenty of English cars there and more American cars than I would have expected but the old French cars were the steal of the show, they were just beautiful.  Oh well, summer holidays, happy days.

In the garage and reacquainted with the front wing that I was repairing the rear edge of I felt rather over whelmed by how poor the state of the thing was.











































I'd forgotten that I had cut the middle of the wing in a bid to remove the bowed metal.  When I looked along the length of the wing the lines were shocking.  I started welding it up and then set about it with the hammer and dolly.  I finished forming the area to the bottom of the repair and was pleased with the outcome.










































Th door gap does increase towards the bottom but overall it looks much better than it did previously.

Got to be happy with that.



No comments:

Post a Comment