Tuesday 5 February 2013

Back in the garage for a little stint and I started by cleaning up the plates that sit on the inside of the door and accept the hinge bolts.  Then I applied a couple of coats of the Por15 paint that I can never get off my hands.  This means I am typing with grey hands.

I then tried to fit the hinges to the A posts only to discover that they don't fit.  Why I didn't try this before I welded the posts on last week I don't know.  A fine adjustment with a file, a chisel and a large hammer meant that I could get them on.



I then tried the doors for size and surprise surprise, they didn't fit at all well.  I always wondered about the doors as I bought them from ebay a long time back and they were unused repro Aluminium doors had for a lot less than the cost new.  I was left wondering why somebody would be selling unused doors unless they didn't fit!  Actually I am conscious that a lot of things could affect this such as the position of the A posts so I realise I have a lot to do.  the doors appeared to be twisted as the front edge seems ok on the shroud at the top but the bottoms stick out loads at the back.  I am now conscious that I do not know how the doors should line up on the inside so I think it might be a good time to see another 100 for guidance.  Time to get in touch with the club me thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment