Sunday 3 February 2013

A lovely Sunday morning at the start of February and it is still cold but in the garage I'm surprisingly comfortable with the heaters on.  This does mean that I am working with the doors shut so there is more clutter about than normal but I manage in my usual stoic way.

I start by welding the near side hinge panel, not sure why I was so cautious last week?



And with the wing loosely attached:



And then to the offside, which for some reason seemed a lot tougher to get to line up:


And again with the wing on:


So my next job it to fit the doors.  Naturally I am procrastinating about this already.  The doors will show if I have the the hinge panels at the correct angles and positions and, if they are ok, will lead on to the rear wings.  This means the door gaps will become visible and I am very concerned about the door gaps.  Nothing makes a car look worse than shoddy door gaps in my opinion so I want to get past this stage but at the same time I am a little scared to venture that way.  I have history with this emotional state.  When I built the ECU for my Luego kit car which I bought in America and consisted of thousands of resistors, chips and a printed circuit board I procrastinated for 9 months.  I built the thing in 2 months once I started and it only had one error in it (there is a video on youtube somewhere of my maiden voyage with the engine on 2 cylinders because I made a wiring loom error (search Leugolover)) so I know deep down that I should just get on with it, but..........

No comments:

Post a Comment