Thursday 1 June 2017

Thank heavens, finished sanding.

Got round to masking and degreasing, much better activity.




Then painting.





























Doesn't that look better?

It was surprisingly easy to paint again after what must be nearly 30 years.  OK, it was only primer but it was primer and a £17 spray gun (inc. delivery) but it still felt good.  Two coats of epoxy 2 pack primer and I realise that I didn't buy enough paint which is a shame as I was hoping to paint the top of the car on Sunday, oh well.  I have ordered 2 more cans of paint.  It is a lovely warm day in London so the paint went off pretty quickly and I didn't get any horror runs.  I will try to get the top rubbed down again, to take any overspray off, this weekend and paint it next Saturday.  Then the top coat over a couple of weekends before I head away for the school holidays again.  It'll be lovely to come back in September to a painted shell and to start fitting it up with the mechanicals, I can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment