Sunday 4 June 2017

So Rob popped round again yesterday and helped me get the car back on the trolley.  I then went to see Orchard Restorations' open day with my wife.  It is always interesting and I enjoyed talking to the paint professionals at the workshop.  It was nice not to be worried about door gaps and metalwork, felt like a real change.  I got a little more information on the blue colour code which was good.

Today I got back to the rubbing down.





I also did a little filler work on the sills.  I haven't rubbed down filler in 28+ years but the joy came flooding back.





Then it was time for paint once I had flatted the whole car.  














I had more of a challenge painting the top of the car than the bottom.  Having used 1.25l of primer for the base I ordered another 2l of paint and thought that it would easily be enough for two coats.  It wasn't so I found myself adding more thinners to the mix as I went along to stretch out the paint.  I did two coats but really, the second was  a little rushed (this is a polite way of telling you that I got a few runs).  Had I bought 3l of paint it would have been enough.  So I am thinking that really I should give it another coat but I don't want to do that because I'll need to rub the damn thing down again.  I will take it out of the garage on Tuesday after work if it is not raining and have a look and make my mind up.

It does feel good to have it in primer.

Happy days





No comments:

Post a Comment