Sunday 18 June 2017

It has been beautiful in sunny North London this weekend.  Yesterday I took the Thruxton R to Edgeware to discuss the paint with the suppliers and loved it, a lovely ride.  Today I left the Thruxton under wraps and finished fettling the inner bodywork, degreased it and masked the underside.  The priming went well, one heavy coat and just a few runs in easy to sort places, :-).  The areas that I had filled looked much better which is pleasing.  So having missed out on the chance to go for a nice ride I decided I owed it to myself to have a small gin & tonic in the garden, it seemed only reasonable.

I am happy with the primer now and have got the decisions on the top coat sorted so the only real consideration is when I do it.  The process needs to be thus:

Rub down the top of the bodywork
Seal the joints
Turn the car over
Rub down the underside
Seal the joints and leave for 24 hours
Paint the underside and lacquer it.
Turn over the car
Paint the top and lacquer it.

This needs to be done in a smallish time frame and my weekends before the school holiday and our house swap to Thailand (I know, teachers, time rich and cash poor but bloody lucky in the summer) are limited so I am thinking of doing it when I return from Thailand at the end of August.  However, that seems like an awful long time away and so I am considering if I should just get it done.  Decisions, decisions.







No comments:

Post a Comment