Tuesday 11 June 2019

Spent some time working on the rear wings at the weekend; the near side is finished and the off side nearly.  The door gaps are good and the swage lines look lovely from a close vantage point.  I am wondering if I need to get the car off the stands and out so that I can check from a distance but that is for another day.

I then fitted the boot lid, mounted the hinges and installed the lock mechanism.  I realise that I don't have a boot lock and it isn't on my list of parts to acquire so that is a bit of a slip on my part.  I managed to modify a piece of M10 studding to do the job and was pleased with the lock action.  The boot fits surprisingly well.  I did have to work on the shroud to get the gaps a little more consistent and by the end the lid fitted well.  I am rather pleased with it.










































My main challenge is that I am now away for every weekend for the next month and will then be away for the summer leaving me little time to work on it.  I would very much like to have the rear end in primer by the time I leave in July which means evening work and so far I have found myself too exhausted after work to get in the garage.  The year 11 students finished their last maths exam yesterday so I am hoping for a little less action at work to enable me to get garage time in the next four weeks; must try harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment