Saturday 7 January 2017

I am thinking of the next steps now.  I have decided to buy the gas welding equipment from Tinmantech rather than go for a cheap TIG or pay a professional to do it.  I am essentially troubled by the prospect of a professional charging me a lot of money and then finding another fault that requires welding.  Also, I think I must be able to learn how to do it myself, it might be fun even.  My wife is going to Miami in 5 weeks which means she can collect it and bring it back to avoid me paying the import duties.  Working out what I need to order at the moment.

I am also thinking of getting the wings dipped, I realise I have been here before but it seems the safest option.  I think I could take them to be dipped in my next holiday in 5 weeks.  They are basically ready but I need to get them fully bolted on first.  I mean that I have been using just a few of the bolts to put them in place rather than every single bolt hole.  I am a bit troubled that when I bolt them up properly that some of the holes won't line up.  I think this would be good thing to get done before I take the wings to be treated.

Once done I can then weld up the chassis.  This will be fun.  Then I will have a choice, do I start to fit up the drive train or do I do all the filler work on the wings?  I know the filler work will make a lot of mess so I am thinking that this should be done first.  Against that though is the problem of what I would do with the wings whilst I do the mechanics.  After all, I wouldn't want them getting scratched or knocked if they are ready for paint.  Decisions, decisions.


No comments:

Post a Comment