Saturday 23 April 2016

Equipped with the porta-power I unlocked the garage door and got busy.  It didn't really hit the spot though.  I managed to push the scuttle back but it didn't have much effect on the positioning of the shroud.  I started measuring again and felt a little perplexed as the scuttle is pretty square to the main chassis rails.  This is a puzzle.  I took the shroud out side to get a long distance view:






It looks anything but correct.  The photo above shows the worst of the two worries.  One is that the bonnet aperture isn't great, it looks like the righthand side front edge drops too much.  Two, the righthand section of the shroud that the wing mounts onto looks compressed.  It was hard to make any meaningful conclusions though as the thing looked different every time it was moved.  I feel a little frustrated though as I paid a professional to sort out both shrouds and he assured me that they had both been put on a jig and sorted; clearly they hadn't been.  I decided to give it a break for the day and come back to it later on.

I did however notice that I hadn't put the front cross brace section on that well and so took it off again.  I have a distant memory of doing this before,....




No comments:

Post a Comment