Friday 21 November 2014

Not much energy to get in the garage after work recently and the weekends have been consumed by other stuff.  Last weekend I did go to the classic cars show at the Birmingham NEC with my wife and had a lovely day wandering around.

I spoke with Pro Strip about dipping the wings and think I will have to bite the bullet and do that.  I feel a little annoyed that I spend £310 getting them blasted only to realise that it isn't really the answer.  My issue with the wings now is that there is clearly some rust still in the steel which is visible in the crevices of the steel and there must be rust in the returns for the wheel aperture (where the wing wraps around a steel wire to form the edge) and in the A post (at the rear of the front wing, where it is bolted to the A post) because these are hidden by metal and therefore not accessible to the sandblasting process.  I knew that the returns wouldn't get blasted but when I saw rust in the wing surface both on the inside and the outside I was a little disturbed.  Anyway, with the wings now clear of filler and layers of paint I can at least cut/shut and beat them to the desired shape.

Working this weekend, which for a teacher is a pain and doing a coast to coast cycle next weekend so not sure when I can get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment