Thursday 16 February 2017

Had a lot of time in the garage this week, it being half term and all.  On Monday the welder came round and took care of my shrouds.  He was very patient with me and very meticulous with his work. I am delighted with the outcome.  I have a fair amount of grinding to do now but all of the issues with the shrouds are done.  The boot lid is joined with its frame as well which is cool.








Since then I have spent a few hours on various bits and pieces.  The bonnet is fully welded and fits well.  I am a little surprised how well that has gone.






In preparation for having the wings dipped I mounted them again to fit the headlamp bowls and check for any last minute welding required.  They all needed a little TLC but are ready for the trip to Nottingham tomorrow.  It actually feels like I am nearing the end of this phase.  Once the wings are dipped I will store them away and get on with welding the chassis structure up as everything has been tack welded to date.  That should be fun.  Then I will paint the inner body and start to think about fitting the engine and mechanicals.  Cant wait.





No comments:

Post a Comment